As mentioned in the previous article, SEO can improve your rankings in search results, increase organic traffic to your website and hence increase your sales or help your business grow. Here are some of the tips to optimise your website for search engines.
- Keyword research – Google keyword tool is not there anymore, unfortunately. So you need to do some brainstorming, market research and ask you employees to find out the best keywords that describes your business or keywords that your audience might be using to search businesses like yours on Google. Other method is to perform a Google search with a keyword and see what keywords other businesses are using in their title tags.
- Title Tags – Title tags are the headings that you see in the search results. Title tags is arguably the most important factor to rank well in Google. And in many cases, home page title tag is the most important out of all the pages. Make sure you use all the main keywords in your title tags but still make it compelling enough so people will click on it.
- Content – Content is the king and after the recent Google updates content marketing has become the most important part of SEO. So, make sure you have the high quality unique content on your website mainly on home page. Avoid duplicate content and keep adding fresh content to your site regularly via new products, services, blogs or anything else.
- Website structure – Make sure your site has an easy to use design and navigation. Time spent on your site is another important factor of SEO. So make sure you make the website in way that people spend more time on your site which is also good for your website and your business. You don’t want people leaving your site in a matter of few seconds. Increase in bounce rate is not a good thing for your SEO.
- Links – Other high quality websites linking to your website is seen as a vote to your website by Google. So, try to get links to your site from other high quality sites. This can be done by either having unique content (blogs, pictures, videos, Info-graphics or some other unique content) on your website which will make other sites link to you or just ask the web-masters of the other websites for the links via email or phone.
Another easy and best way to get quality SEO friendly link and quality traffic to your website is to register your website in the business directory of quality business directories like Mediatimes. Click here to register you business in the directory.