Congratulations!!! You’ve finished your studies. You have graduated and the pressure is off. But wait a minute, there are now essential matters that you might want to take into account:
- If you finished a degree (high school, vocational program, bachelor or postgraduate degree), it is that before you depart you have these documents apostilled to confirm its authenticity. www.verifycv.com.au helps confirms confirms a candidate’s qualification or investigates the level of academic achievement attained
- Join your institution’s alumni association. The network of friends and teachers or professors you made is worth keeping in the future.
- Personal, academic and work references (if relevant) are very valuable when looking for a job. Don’t go home without them!
- Check this page www.myfuture.edu.au in the “preparing job applications” section or alternatively attend your institution’s job application information session in which they will go through:
- Where to look for jobs.
- Cover letter and resume help.
- Selection criteria (this is generally required to apply for government jobs in Australia).
- Interview skills
- Accepting your offer of employment (salary, conditions, re-location expenses, superannuation, holidays etc)
5. Attend the networking events in your local area to grow your network to increase your chances of getting your first job.