Congratulations!!! You’ve finished your studies. You have graduated and the pressure is off. But wait a minute, there are now essential matters that you might want to take into account:
- If you finished a degree (high school, vocational program, bachelor or postgraduate degree), it is that before you depart you have these documents apostilled to confirm its authenticity. www.verifycv.com.au helps confirms confirms a candidate’s qualification or investigates the level of academic achievement attained
- Join your institution’s alumni association. The network of friends and teachers or professors you made is worth keeping in the future.
- Personal, academic and work references (if relevant) are very valuable when looking for a job. Don’t go home without them!
- Check this page www.myfuture.edu.au in the “preparing job applications” section or alternatively attend your institution’s job application information session in which they will go through:
- Where to look for jobs.
- Cover letter and resume help.
- Selection criteria (this is generally required to apply for government jobs in Australia).
- Interview skills
- Accepting your offer of employment (salary, conditions, re-location expenses, superannuation, holidays etc)
5. Attend the networking events in your local area to grow your network to increase your chances of getting your first job.
Latest posts by MT Staff (see all)
- 10 Apps To Make Life Easier For Students - October 11, 2016
- Brisbane is back in the Property market- Thanks to the winter season - July 9, 2016
- Red Carpet Fashion Show in Brisbane a Huge Success! - November 1, 2015