- Get festive in a Christmas wonderland this year while the heart of Brisbane city presents a four week extravaganza of events, Christmas lights and decorations.
- Brisbane can’t get enough of these tasty hole in ones. While Doughnut Time, Divine Doughnut, Chocolate Komberry Co. and Donut Boyz compete for the most overloaded innovative flavour, indulge in either (or all) of the Nutella filled, alcoholic spiked, caramel popcorn masterpieces.
- Cool off under a waterfall just a stone throw from the city. What’s that? Waterfalls near the city? Yes! Depending on how much rain there has been of recent (which is fairly common during a Brisbane Summer), JC Slaughter Falls and Simpson Falls at Mt Coot-tha should be crashing down.
- Brisbanites can now enjoy a drink sky high, rather than having to visit our Southern Neighbours in Melbourne to enjoy the luxury of a rooftop bar. These hotspots are popping up all over the rivercity with our favourites being Up On Constance, Limes Hotel Rooftop Bar, Eagles Nest.
- Learn more about our city and take a free Brisbane Greeters Tour to discover the city’s hidden stories and art culture.
- Take a dip at Streets Beach in South Bank, Australia’s only beach located smack bang in a city centre. South Bank overlooks the Brisbane River and city skyline.
- Get Tiki’d with a Salted Caramel Colada mixed by the team at Alfred and Constance.
- Embrace your inner da Vinci at Cork and Chroma, Brisbane’s first and only paint and sip studio.
- Glide along the Brisbane River and discover the river city from a unique angle on a Kayak with Riverlife.
- Take a trip to Germany and swing a stein at Oktoberfest hotspot the Bavarian Bier Café on Eagle Street Pier. Bavarian Bier Café presents the best Bavarian food, Bier and atmosphere in Brisbane.
- Become a MasterChef in a class at Brisbane’s leading cookery school, ‘Spring’. Classes are creative and informative with plenty of laughter and good food shared with friends.
- Suitcase Rummage – You can either take part or attend this mini scaled market. Rummage through suitcases full to the brim of artwork, clothing, books and other second hand goodies.
- Take a short roadie to Cape Moreton to discover the light house and spot humpback whales from the shore.
- Experience a pub crawl like no other – a Helicopter pub crawl. How else would you be able to enjoy a beer in all of the best country pubs in the region? The helicopter takes off from either Lake Manchester, Ipswich Helipad or Archerfield Aerodrome via Pterodactyl Helicopters.
- Go down to the Wintergarden at Queen Street Mall and have a go at Ten Pin Bowling, Laser Tag, or Karaoke at Strike and enjoy a burger at Grilld’ on the way out.
- Enjoy a first class mini golf course set in lush tropical landscapes with stunning city and mountain views. Mini golf at Victoria park in Herston is open day and night with an 18 round course.
- Take the family to the farm – Tommerups Dairy Farm allows the kids to take part in daily animal feeding, afternoon milking and egg collecting.
- Every Wednesday and Thursday Limes Hotel Rooftop Bar and Restaurant show new and old ‘classics’ in the open air (and water of the plunge pools). You can order dinner and drinks throughout the movie and even stay until late for drinks after.
- Rock climb and Abseil down the Kangaroo Point Cliffs to capture a breathtaking view of Brisbane, its city cats, boats and kayakers skimming across the tortuous river.
- Indulge on a cheat day with a sugar high at Chester Street Bakery. They take extravagant cakes to a whole new level offering a death by chocolate, Peanut butter and chocolate fudge pie, Nutella Lasagne and a range of loaded milkshakes.
- Take a green cab to dinner as you sit on a cosy seat listening to the perfect playlist, being pulled along by your driver as you cycle through inner city Brisbane.
- Witness your dessert being created, going up in smoke at Nitrogenie as the ice-cream extraordinaire add liquid nitrogen to your flavoured dessert.
- Experience that native touch at Tukka West End while being served up gourmet Australian cuisine such as Strawberry gum cured crocodile, baked apple and a rhubarb vanilla gastrique.
- Wander through the beautiful Paddington, where more than 130 vintage cottages have been kept alive, transformed into quirky vintage shops and stylish restaurants.
- Discover how the Queensland’s iconic brew is made with a XXXX brewery tour. Experience the heritage of the famous brewery, with an insight into the 135 year old history of XXXX.
- Enjoy street food from all over the world at Eat Street Market every Friday to Sunday. This foodie extravaganza is set up in old disused shipping containers on Brisbane’s bay side.
- Saddle up and ride a horse from the picturesque town of Dayboro to Ocean View Estates Winery and Restaurant for a gourmet lunch and wine tasting.
- Dive among the Tangalooma wrecks off Moreton Island. Beneath the crystal water you’ll discover wobbegongs, trevally, kingfish yellowtail and other various tropical fish.
- Step in to Southside Diner where the pop art, counter stools, booths and wood panelling take you all the way to America. Relish in some American favourites of Southern fried Chicken and corn bread. The atmosphere combines a touch of nostalgia with today’s pizzazz.
- Go back in time with a Boggo Road Gaol Historical tour, telling of the dramatic escapes in the 1980s, infamous inmates, lifers, riots and the daily lives of prisoners and their officers.
- The 8th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art is the Gallery of Modern art’s (GOMA) flagship exhibition focussed on the work from Asia, the Pacific and Australia. Including more than 80 artists, the programs and performances can be enjoyed by all ages.
- Relax and be pampered by Brisbane’s award winning spa at Stephanies’ Spa Retreat. Located at the Sofitel Brisbane, the Spa offers a range of Christmas packages and other deals for you to unravel over the holiday period.
- Go down to Brisbane Powerhouse every Friday for a cold beer and a side-splitting laughter. Knockoff is presented by Brisbane Powerhouse and Brisbane airport featuring a variety of local and Australian comedians.
- Camp in luxury – Glamping at Ketchups Bank offers the glamour of luxury accommodation with the romance of camping under the stars!
- Grab a group of friends and annihilate each other in a war of paintball skirmish. The fields are located at Mango Hill, just 25 minutes north of the Brisbane CBD.
10301 Total views 13 Views Today
The following two tabs change content below.
Charlotte is currently in her third year of university studying a Bachelor of Laws/Journalism at Queensland University of Technology. Originally from the Gold Coast, Charlotte has a keen interest in and passion for providing high quality, upbeat and relatable articles, and hopes to become a competent journalist who can positively contribute to the industry at the completion of her degree. Her hobbies include: travel, photography, reading and exercise
Latest posts by Charlotte Tully (see all)
- 35 things to do in Brisbane – At a Glance - May 21, 2016
- Why Australia is Interested in Growing Business Relationships with India? - February 7, 2016
- Brisbane Truly on Track to Become Australia’s New World City - December 12, 2015