Are you tired of applying jobs in Australia? Is lack of work experience becoming a road block in your journey of dream work opportunity? Do you ever wonder why certain people live and breathe their dream life? Do you ever wonder why certain people get opportunities so quickly and others struggle most of the time.
In this particular blog, I am going to share some of the secrets these top level entrepreneurs, executives and few graduates use and how you can also use certain principles to live a life of your dreams and grab the best job opportunities in Australia.
This new global economy is all about how well you can connect with someone. Soft skills are not just about how good you well you speak the language. It is more than that. How you can carry the conversation with the other person, you listening skills, body language, your accent, pronunciation and non-verbal skills all form part of your soft skills.
If you really want to be successful in Australia and work in your dream job, you need to master 3 things as far as soft skills are concerned:
- Writing skills and Speaking skills: The reality is that people are going to judge you on the basis of your speaking and writing skills. If you are living in Australia, having a solid command on the English language is a must. These skills will actually get you ahead in your career. The moment you utter a word out of your mouth, you leave an impression. Don’t forget; First impression is the last impression. Similarly, when you write an email to any of your colleagues, client or your boss, they develop certain perceptions about your skill and knowledge.
- Your Physiology and Body Posture: Your body posture says a lot about you and your personality. You will be surprised to know that your body posture dictates your confidence and you can try this. If you walk with a straight back and you are professionally dressed, you would experience higher level of confidence as compared to when you walk or sit with a stooped posture. So I encourage you to pay attention to your body posture and make sure that you walk and talk with an authority and confidence.
- Facial expressions, eye movement and a strong hand shake: We all carry a certain aura around us. In simpler words, what matters most is the experience you give to the other individual. When you interact with someone for the first time, it is rare that they will remember what you said. What they will really remember is the way you made them feel. A dull face, eye movement in all four directions with a lose hand shake is going to leave the other person with a bad experience, however a firm hand shake and being in the present moment 100% with positive facial expressions on your face will make a world of difference to the other person and your life on a whole as well be it a career or any other area of your life.
This is really important when you go for the job interviews. Recruitment agencies do look for technical skills in the applicant but having a vibrating and confident personality will give you a competitive advantage over others. I challenge you to be the best version of yourself every single day. Make a firm decision and believe that you deserve the best and you will take ACTION to make it happen.
I would love to connect with you and serve you in the best possible way. You can connect with me on My Facebook
Article by Shivi Bhalla, English Wise (English Coaching)
Latest posts by Shivi Bhalla (see all)
- 3 Stress Busting Tips For International Students - July 30, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself as an International Student in Australia - July 15, 2015
- 3 Ways To Achieve Phenomenal Success in Job Interview - June 28, 2015